Thursday, April 29, 2010

1705

Tomorrow is a very special day.  Tomorrow I have the most important photo assignment of my photography career.

On October 29, 2009 the US Coast Guard lost one of its C-130 aircraft to a mid-air collision in the Pacific ocean off the coast of Sacramento, CA.  One of the crew aboard was a very close friend of my husband's.  Carl Grigonis worked with James on nights at the airstation here in Hawaii for over a year and James looked up to him a lot.  They had only just recently moved to Sacramento.

Tomorrow is a memorial ceremony for Carl at the Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.  His beautiful wife, Kirsten, and his two young children, Hayden and Kalina, are on the island for the ceremony.  Kirsten asked me to photograph the events tomorrow and I could not have been more honored to accept.


No comments:

Post a Comment